Florida Cancer Specialists and Research Institute Physicians Present Advances in Cancer Care at Global Oncology Gathering
Enter Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your one week free trial here.
Fort Myers, Fla., Sept. 08, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Research conducted by Florida Cancer Specialists and Research Institute, LLC (FCS) is among the latest breakthrough developments and discoveries in cancer care presented at the European Society of Medical Oncology (ESMO) Congress being held this week in Paris, France. Several FCS Board-certified medical oncologists are first authors and/or co-authors of eleven cancer research studies that will be shared at the gathering of oncologists, researchers, patient advocates and pharmaceutical representatives. With over 25,000 members worldwide, ESMO is the leading professional organization for medical oncology.
The following FCS physician researchers will present their research results in oral presentations, poster discussions and/or communication sessions:
- Lucio N. Gordan, MDChief Medical Officer of Therapeutics & Analytics, first author of a collaborative study with co-authors of FCS President & Managing Physician Michael Diaz, MD, Anjan J. Patel, MD, Matthew A. Fink, MD, David Wenk, MD and also in collaboration with Illumina partners evaluating the use of tissue and liquid biopsy in advanced NSCLC in a large community practice in the United States; and a poster presentation in partnership with IntegraConnect on outcomes when patients (pts) with stage 4 non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC-4) harboring oncogenic factors (OD) are initially treated without inhibitors of tyrosine kinase (TKI).
- Manish R. Patel, MD, Director of the FCS Drug Development Unit, an oral presentation as first author of a Phase Ia study of GDC-6036 as monotherapy in patients with advanced solid tumors with a KRAS G12C mutation ; poster presentations including the first author of a study examining combination antibody therapy in patients with recurrent/metastatic head and neck squamous cell carcinoma; a first in a human study testing pharmacological treatments of patients with advanced solid tumors resistant to boosted inhibitors; a Phase Ia study evaluating the safety and efficacy of monotherapy in patients with colorectal cancer with a genetic mutation; and presented presentations on a Phase I dose escalation and expansion study evaluating the safety and efficacy of monotherapy in patients with solid tumors; and a study evaluating the results of an antibody-drug conjugate showing antitumor activity in advanced solid tumors.
- Sunil Gandhi, MD, FACP and James A. Reeves, Jr., MDa phase II combination immunotherapy study in patients with metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer.
- Maen Hussein, MDa study evaluating the overall survival of patients with metastatic non-small cell lung cancer four years after treatment.
- Judy Wang, MDAssociate Director of the FCS Drug Development Unit, including co-author of an oral presentation of preliminary evidence of clinical activity from Phase I and Ib trials of the CLK/DYRK inhibitor cirtuvivint (CIRT) in patients subjects with advanced solid tumors, and a poster presentation in the phase I study of SAR444245 (SAR’245) as monotherapy (mono) and in combination with pembrolizumab (pembro) or cetuximab (cetux) in patients (pts ) with advanced solid tumors.
FCS President and Physician Director Michael Diaz, MD said, “We are proud to be at the forefront of advances in cancer care. Through our clinical research program, we are able to provide our patients with the most promising new drugs and treatments available.
“Research conducted at our three FCS drug development units and 37 FCS clinical sites across Florida is contributing to breakthrough advances in cancer prevention, diagnosis, treatment and survival,” said Gustavo A. Fonseca, MD, FACP, FCS Director of Clinical Research. “We welcome this opportunity to join colleagues and peers around the world who share our commitment to finding a cure for cancer. »
The ESMO 2022 Congress is a global stage for the exchange of practice-changing data and multidisciplinary conversations that will drive transformative cancer therapies. All study abstracts will be published online in the ESMO Congress 2022 Abstract Book, a supplement to ESMO’s Official Journal, Annals of Oncology.
# # #
About Florida Cancer Specialists & Research Institute, LLC: (FLCancer.com)
Recognized by the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) with a National Clinical Trial Participation Award, Florida Cancer Specialists & Research Institute (FCS) offers patients access to more clinical trials than any private practice of oncology in Florida. The majority of new cancer drugs recently approved for use in the United States have been studied in clinical trials with the participation of Florida cancer specialists.
Founded in 1984, Florida Cancer Specialists has built a national reputation for excellence that is reflected in exceptional, compassionate patient care driven by innovative clinical research, cutting-edge technologies and advanced treatments, including targeted therapies, treatments based on genomics and immunotherapy. Our highest values are embodied by our exceptional team of highly qualified and dedicated physicians, clinicians and staff.